Monday 2 May 2011

Cute as a Button

First of all, hello to follower number four - welcome.

I just picked up a copy of 'Cross Stitcher' and the free gift was some self cover buttons. I can't wait to try them. They will look cute on needle cases, cards and even decorations for boxes. The little patterns should be nice and quick to stitch too.

When I've tried them with the patterns provided, I think I'll design some little charts myself.

Today I've been working hard finishing those projects that I've been putting off. I'm pretty good at finishing the stitching, and then I procrastinate making up the item.

I finished a padded book cover, which I think looks beautiful. It slips over the cover of small hard cover diaries. This afternoon I bought another hardcover diary to make up a second design, and now I know just what to use as a closing clasp - a cross stitch covered button!

No comments:

Post a Comment