Sunday 23 October 2011

October Sneak Peak

While 'sun' is still on hold (I'm just not sure it's right for the target audience yet), I've started work on another large project ... Butterfly Princess. I know she is the sort of thing the editors want.
This is just a quick peek at the design in progress. I'll probably stitch her on a green toned hand dyed fabric from stitches and spice that I bought for something special years ago. She has bead work and the fabric has a sparkle to it, so I think she will be lovely.

I think she may take up to 3 months to stitch (though I'm hoping only two), with my current teaching schedule. And I know I will be spending way too much time on her comapred to the amount I will be paid for publication ... however I figured this is a good time to do it, while I have another income and I can still consider my designing as a side line. Next year I won't have the time to indulge myself with this kind of project unless I can sell the pattern online as well as publishing. So I might as well enjoy the process of this one.

7 comments:

  1. She's looking great, I'd love to see her when she's finished =)
    And if you enjoy spending the time doing it, then why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so sweet..
    happy stitching xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Although I have to admit I haven't seen many of your designs, this is my favourite so far. I just love the colours and I'm sure the fabric will set it off perfectly. It's the type of design that I would make a special trip to buy the magazine the design featured in. I guess I must be the "Target Market" that the magazines are aiming at :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Angie it sounds like you are indeed the type of stitcher that my designs are aimed at.
    Thanks very much for your comments everyone. I'm really looking forward to starting her now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni, she's gorgeous! I'm sure that this design will be a big hit with both editors and stitchers. Will we see some more of her as you stitch her? Can't wait to see all those wonderful colours in threads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rhona. I will post some detail shots as I finish.

    ReplyDelete