Monday 5 March 2012

Happy Sal

Yesterday I started work on a little dolly called Happy Sal. She is made of felt and has embroidery and bead work on her 'dress' and she will be weighted on the bottom to sit on someone's table to give them happy thoughts. She's coming along nicely and should be finished today. I used satin sttich, chain stitch and stem stitch and the beads are sewn on with brick stitch. I was quite happy with the way the embroidery as I haven't done those embroidery stitches in a few years.

I had a birthday dinner on Saturday and was given some spending money and some vouchers for my favourite craft shop. Yippee! I'm going to the Stitches and Craft Show on Thursday so the spending money will come in very handy. I'm hoping to get some more spice blend aida for some lovely cross stitching ... and who knows what else I'll find there?

No comments:

Post a Comment