Wednesday 30 May 2012

Notebook Heaven

I adore notebooks.
And I've been making my own for about 18 months now. I'm getting much better.
Here are two I made this week. I positioned them like this so you can see that they are actually notebooks, not wall hangings.
The larger one is an appliqued exotic flower that I designer myself. My mum gave me a lesson on how to use Vliesiflex and machine applique to speed up the process. I usually use needle turn, but it's so slow. The flower was stitched onto one of my hand dyed pieces of cotton. I love how the colours worked together.

 The second, smaller one uses a painted background, free motion embroidery and suffok puffs. I have no idea why I had a sudden desire to use suffolk puffs. But they were fun to do and I'll probably do more.
I have no idea what I'll do with these notebooks. My original intention was to make quite a few and sell them at the Springwood Art show. But with going back to work I won't have the time ... and I find I am probably far too experimental when it comes to craft market production. This slows me down, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't stand completing repetitious craft work.

I thought maybe I'd see if Handmade Magazine would like them. It would be easy enough to write up instructions. But again, now that I've had to give up on the idea of desinging full time I kind of feel like MEH! What's the point.

Then of course I could put them on ETSY where they would sit forever and probably not sell. LOL

Thanks for reading
Jennidee

1 comment:

  1. Love them, Jenni. Don't give up completely - it wouldn't hurt to give Handmade a try. Go for it!

    BTW, are you going to the Sydney quilt show? We will be there on Saturday 16th.

    ReplyDelete