Tuesday 9 October 2012

Something a Bit Different

Hi everyone.
I've nearly finished the butterfly bag adn I'll post a photo when I'm done.
But in the mean time, please enjoy these photos of some textile art I am entering into the local art Festival.
 Wisps of Cloud at Sunset 40cm square, mounted on a canvas. I still have a few embellishments to put on this one.
 Peacock Wall Hanging 40cm by 50cm
 Firework Flowers Wall Hanging 40cm by 50cm
Cosmic 50cm by 40cm, mounted on a canvas. It has beads sewn in the curly bits that aren't really visible in this photo.

I spend so much of my time designing patterns that I wanted to create soem things where I don't have to write instructions. So Textile art is my hobby. I don't expect to sell much (if any) at the festival. But I really enjoy creating these pieces. The abstract pieces are particularly nice because I can let my imagination run wild with shapes and colours.

Anyway, I just thought you might like a look.
Jennidee

2 comments: