Monday 31 December 2012

awwwww man! not Fair

 So I've nearly finished the reindeer and i got to wothin 6 stitches of the gold brder and RAN OUT OF THE THREAD PROVIDED!
I have another gold which I'll use to fill the gap, but it's not quite the same. I also ran out of the really light tan colour, but I have teh DMC number so I can get more of that. Then I just have a bit of back stitching to do.

Santa brought me an excellent set of pencils that you can draw on fabric with. You wet them and then they are permament. I've been doing some experimenting with them over the last few days and I'm nearly ready to show you the first finished project which I'm SUPER happy with. It was actually an embroidery design that I abandoned about 3 years ago because the colours looked washed out. With the pencils I was able to lift it with background colour. I added some lazy daisies on top and it looks lovely. I'll take a photo tomorrow.

I hope you had a merry Christmas and an exciting new year.
Jennidee

No comments:

Post a Comment