Saturday 26 January 2013

Enjoying Some Quilting

I've spent the last few weeks working on this crinolin lady quilt. the last few days have been taken up with the actual quilting.
It's mostly been an enjoyable experience, though a few times Eric has bitten me as I changed the bobbin (Eric is my machine's name ... usually I give them a girl's name, but Eric is a husqvarna Viking ... Eric the Viking). Most of my issues revolove around changing the bobbin actually. I cringe every time the blasted things runs out.

This quilt has got a small spiral filler in the center and in the flower applique panels. So I used quite a lot of bobbin. I'd love to buy a bobbin winder. At present I only own two bobbins though. LOL

I'm very pleased with the way the quilt has turned out. I can't wait to share it with you, but it will have to wait until after it's published in about April
Jennidee

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely....well the bit we can see anyway! Looking forward to when you can do 'the big reveal'!

    ReplyDelete