Friday 9 May 2014

Friday's Quilt

Hi everyone
I just finished a customer's quilt and I really like how it turned out ... so I'm sharing.
This is the back of the quilt
It was a risky move using white thread with such a vivid red backing. But the customer was happy for the quilting to show. I think she will be really happy with how it turned out. The pattern was one I modified after seeing it on the internet (to fit my rather narrow 5 inch neck space and my personal sewing style. I called it Almost Fleur in my book of patterns that I showed the customer as I thought it almost looked like a fleur-de-li.
In this photo it's just rolled out from the quilting frame and the top is resting on a nearby table (hence the waves of the fabric. It sits perfectly flat on a table which I'm really pleased about).
Hope you enjoy sharing
Jennidee

1 comment: