Tuesday 15 July 2014

July's Magazine Project

I'I ran out of m well into my next project for Patchwork and Stitching magazine.
Here is a sneak peek.
Of course it has to involve applique ... my favourite thing to do.
The materials I picked up on special from Fortunes and Fairies, in Richmond NSW and I've been itching to use them. It was only a few months ago that I bought them so I was grateful when Louise, the new editor gave me the go ahead to do the quilt.

I ran out of the nice firm stabiliser I use behind my applique and the two patchwork shops I've been to so far don't stock it, so I guess that means a trip to spotlight tomorrow. Although one shop did sell me a different stabiliser that looks promising. It has perferations on it so you can just tear it off when you are finished. But it can't go anywhere near an iron or it melts. I might give it a try tomorrow morning before driving the half an hour to spotlight.

I hope your projects are all going well!
Jennidee

6 comments:

  1. These look so cute Jenni,I love your birds,can't wait to see the finished project.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stitched your elephant and used him for a book cover
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wonderful ... I'd love to see a picture of it!!!

      Delete
  3. These look wonderful, Jenni! Can't wait to see how you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rhona ... I really must wander over to see what you are up to.

      Delete